Saturday, March 21, 2009

Justin said we had to blog about it, so here you are!

Today I did my good deed for the day by cooking a nice meal (chicken pot pie, mac and cheese, rolls) and taking it over to Whitney and Justin's (along with a chocolate pie and Milo's tea). Lord knows when we have our kids, I hope people cook for us! Anyhow, I got to meet baby Hayes, who is just as adorable as you could imagine, and I got to spend a couple hours with Whitney, Justin and Hayes. We ended up talking about a whole range of things, and somehow Whitney and I discovered that we have basically the same shoe size (10 for her, 10 and a half for me) and pretty much exactly the same hands -- we held up our hands to each other and they're the same size, and our ring size is actually the exact same. It was definitely a girly-scream moment, and Justin obliged with an awesome girly-scream. And then he was like, "OMG, you totally have to blog about this!" But I think he was mocking us.

The weather outside is so gorgeous that it has just taken me right out of the funk I've been in for the past few days. I love Alabama so much when the weather's like this -- I go outside for a few minutes, and I believe I can do anything. In fact, it's inspired me to do some impromptu spring cleaning, so I'm going through the house trying to tidy up and get the house together to surprise Patrick. You won't tell him, will you? :)

March Madness has begun (as I'm sure you all know), but more importantly, our Auburn Tigers keep winning! The women's basketball team won earlier today to make it to the round of 32 in the women's tournament, and the men won last night to make it to the Sweet 16 of the NIT. I'm excited that both teams are continuing to play well, and I'd love to see us contend for a championship or two! 

OK, back to the Madness. Right now, the Jones team (that would be me and Patrick) are winning in our bracket challenge with the church group, but that might change today as a lot of our teams are in bad match-ups. The way we play March Madness, we all drafted teams to follow throughout the tournament, and the couple whose teams win the most will win it all. Yesterday, we had six out of seven teams with wins. Unfortunately, today, most of those teams aren't expected to win. For example, LSU (our team) is up against UNC ... you get the idea. Oh well. The games are still a heckuva lot of fun to watch. I love this time of year. 

2 comments:

  1. The sports part had no mentions of things that I comprehend, but it sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha girlie screams..... I so can imagine Justin doing that. Every so often a husband will make a blog comment. They make fun of us but they really do like the blogs.

    ReplyDelete