Tuesday, April 21, 2009

KT's wedding!

Well, this past weekend was an eventful one. I was in my friend Katie (which I sometimes spell KT)'s wedding in our hometown, Talladega ... she was one of my bridesmaids too, so I guess it was payback time! :) No, really, the wedding was awesome. It was such a packed weekend! Friday night, we had the dress rehearsal and dinner (which I managed to show up late for ... the invitation said dinner at 5:30, and I completely forgot there would be a rehearsal before dinner! DUH!). After the rehearsal, we had a big swanky party to go to hosted by about 40 people. I saw people there I have not seen in years and years. I was so tired that night! 

Next day, we had a BBQ luncheon (I know, crazy, right?) and then hanging out as a group until the wedding at 5, and then the reception went until 9 p.m.! (I didn't stay that late, though -- my feet were killing me!) I think it was exactly the wedding KT and Riley wanted, and I'm so honored to have been a part of it! 


Our dresses were so adorable ... they were that shimmery pink, the color of a sunset -- which was the inspiration for KT's wedding plans! I'll definitely be wearing this time and again -- expect to see it at every wedding I go to! :)

Obviously, this is the beautiful bride and two other bridesmaids. Rachael and Carly were both awesome -- I didn't know them before the wedding but it was so great to meet them! I may never see them again, but it was great to share this special moment in KT's life with them. 

This is me with KT before she got dressed ... you can see what she looked like better! It's crazy -- we've been really close friends since 6th grade, and here we are, both wives and just starting our new lives! KT means the world to me, though -- if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be the person I am today. She's one of the most fun, funniest people I know!

KT and Riley are on a mini-tour of Europe for the honeymoon -- they're visiting Paris, Amsterdam and Germany this week. After that, they'll move on to Roanoke, Va., and who knows what from there. I may not see KT much anymore, but I'm so glad we were part of each other's special days! Y'all please pray for her and Riley, that they might have a successful marriage and learn to live together in the light of the Lord. (That was a lot of alliteration, but it sounded good!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment