Sunday, April 5, 2009

Just an update

Hello, loyal readers --

I know, I've sucked at keeping up with the blog lately. I'm sorry. It's been a really busy couple of weeks. 

*I know some of you have heard about this, but I wanted to update everyone on Meg. Basically, for those of you who don't know, my maid of honor, Meg, went into the hospital almost two weeks ago with a bacterial infection in her stomach and a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in her lung). It was a scary time for me and Patrick, mostly because it was one of the first times we've ever had to deal with that kind of situation. Meg means the world to us, and last weekend, we went down to Auburn for a night just to spend some time with her in the hospital and to stay with our good friend, Cliff. She was doing very well then, and thank the good Lord, she's doing better now! She went home this past Tuesday and is now on blood thinners in pill form, which is much better than getting them in shot form. I'm pretty sure she's going to go back to school tomorrow, so she'll be getting back into the swing of things soon.

*Mine and Patrick's bracket got horribly busted, as our pick to win it all, Louisville, went out in the Elite 8. Blast it. Oh well, UNC was my back-up pick and, honestly, my favorite team in the field. So ... go Tar Heels!

*Happy news -- Patrick and I are going to Hot-lanta in October to see U2! For those of you who don't know, U2 is basically Patrick's favorite band of all time, and we're going for his birthday, so we're doubly excited. I think we're going to make a little vacation out of it and maybe stay at the Ritz-Carlton (ooh, classy!) Why not, right? Our seats for the concert are awesome, too -- they're thisclose to the stage!

OK, I think that's all for now.

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget to ask Bono what that lyric was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your Meg is doing better! And excited you have a trip on the calendar. A U2 concert will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your friend is getting better I'll continue to pray for her!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Meg is doing better. I love to go to Atlanta even if its to drive in and out to get Paul. But a mini vacation that will be fun.

    ReplyDelete